Nine courses, 24 people, three supperclubs, and over $500 raised to benefit the Governor restaurant recover post-Sandy. This was the tale of the tape from our last event, Supperclubs for Sandy, a first time collaboration (and not the last) between Studiofeast, Wolvesmouth, and A Razor, A Shiny Knife. The event was hosted in the apartment of Brian Quinn and New York Tech Meetup‘s Jessica Lawrence, with Brian pairing wines and slinging some excellent Averna & Bulldog gin cocktails.
Here is the full menu from the night:
- Beef Ribcap - Wolvesmouth / coconut, green apple, bok choy, cucumber, pickled green tomato, rice paper
- Fall Veg - WM/ carrot, grape, delicata squash, cocoa coffee, yogurt, potato, cabbage, crosnes, turnip
- Rabbit - WM/ lobster, crepe, baby kale, lime curd, squash, chive
- Cod - A Razor, A Shiny Knife / celery root, truffle, duck demiglace, compressed celery
- Scallop - Studiofeast / watermelon radish, preserved lemon, grapefruit, uni
- Matsutake - SF / clam, jalapeno, benton’s ham, dashi
- Lamb Rib - SF/ shallot confit, yellow pepper, pickled garlic, sichuan sauce, carrot
- Almond - ARASK / chocolate, averna
- Black Sesame - WM / yuzu, berry tofu, strawberry, pop rocks
An amazing time was had by all and I want to thank everyone who came out to volunteer, perform (shout out to Max ZT and his epic hammer dulcimer skills) and dine with us. Above all, we hope the money raised will help ease the recovery efforts at the Governor as they work to repair their space and re-open to the public.
As an additional boost, Studiofeast is matching the donation amount with an additional contribution of $500 going to help the Occupy Sandy effort. Occupy Sandy has been one of the most prolific, effective, and organized efforts for Sandy recovery all over NYC. We are happy to help them out and encourage you to visit the Supperclubs for Sandy website for more worthwhile charities to donate to. I’ve listed them below, along with a photo gallery from our event, and hope you find one to assist.
There is so much more to do to help those affected by Sandy along on the long road to recovery. Every little bit counts!
Organizations to Support for Sandy Recovery
- Occupy Sandy - http://occupysandy.org
- Restore Red Hook - http://restoreredhook.org
- Rebuild Staten Island - https://www.facebook.com/RebuildStatenIsland
- Sandy Relief Amazon Wish List - http://amzn.to/Wz6plX
- Recovers.org – http://recovers.org
- NY Red Cross - http://www.nyredcross.org
By: Steph Goralnick